We don’t know about you, but it appears that all of us at Soda Sense are going to have to do without a White Christmas this year. Indeed, the weather forecast for Central Wisconsin on Christmas Eve is for a high of 39 degrees and rainy. Ick.
However, while The Weatherman may have denied us a White Christmas (we may forgive but we do NOT forget, Al Roker), we’re cheerfully rising to the occasion with a Holiday cocktail designed to deliciously make up the difference: The Blanca Navidad!
*Please Note: Until you are at least 21 years of age, you are forbidden by law to read this and sample any of the bubbly delights in the Carbonarium.
You Will Need:
- 2 oz. Hornitos Plata Tequila (or other good-quality silver or blanco tequila)
- 1 oz. Cream of Coconut (the syrup, not unsweetened coconut milk!)
- .50 oz. Patron Citrónge Orange Liqueur (Grand Marnier will do in a pinch)
- .50 oz. Lime Juice (Freshly Squeezed is best)
- 1 Aerosol Can of Real Coconut Whipped Cream
- 1 tsp. Superfine Bar Sugar
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1 tsp. Finely Shredded, Toasted Coconut Flakes
- 1 Slice of Lime (garnish)
- 2 Cranberries (garnish)
- 2 Petite Gingerbread Cookies (garnish)
- Crushed Ice
How to Make It:
- Place your margarita glass into the freezer to get all frosty-like.
- Place the coconut flakes in a dry, shallow pan on the stove and heat until golden-brown (@2 minutes).
- Pour the tequila, coconut milk, orange liqueur & lime juice into a cocktail shaker packed with ice and shake briskly.
- Wait—is that sleigh bells? Is it… could it be?!
- No, silly, that was you shaking the cocktail shaker.
- Tip aerosol can into your open mouth and fill it to overflowing with Real Coconut Whipped Cream to help get ahold of yourself. (Oh, please, like you weren’t going to do that anyway?)
- Glance at list of ingredients on aerosol can of whipped coconut cream.
- Notice that the propellant used is nitrous oxide, also known as “Laughing Gas”.
- Giggle randomly.
- Y’know what? Screw it—you want those two petite gingerbread cookies right now.
- Devour cookies.
- Pour contents of cocktail shaker into your Soda Sensei bottle while you chew cookies.
- Remove frosty margarita glass from freezer, rub the rim with a fingerful of cream of coconut syrup, and coat the sticky rim with a mixture of the salt, sugar and toasted coconut flakes.
- Pour the bubbly goodness into the margarita glass.
- Top off the drink with what’s left of the aerosol can of real coconut whipped cream.
- Garnish with slice of lime and 2 cranberries.
- Drink through paper straw to keep coconut cream out of your mustache
Other Libations in