Get Enchanted for President’s Day!
“The Enchanter” was an actual presidential nickname of Martin Van Buren. Born to parents of Dutch descent and originally named Maarten van Buren, he famously lost the extra “a” in his first name in a duel in the third grade. As president, Van Buren earned the actual nickname “The Enchanter” for his bewitching interpretive dances at State of the Union after-parties.
Van Buren was also popularly known by an actual second nickname, “Old Blue Whiskey” and, as a tribute to this towering historical figure that we kind-sorta remember from high school, we have created an original cocktail in honor of President’s Day that pays tribute to these two Van Buren actual nicknames in a disarming new cocktail featuring Feisty Spirits Rhapsody Blue Corn Bourbon, The Enchanter.
Like President Martin van Buren himself, this cocktail is a delightful, boozy mixture containing elements that are native to both Dutchistan and America and is more agreeable than you might think. The Enchanter features American whiskey made from blue corn combined with the Dutch aged spirit Ode Genever to create an enchanting cocktail of which we feel sure Marty would enthusiastically approve.
*Please Note: Until you are at least 21 years of age, you are forbidden by law to read this and sample any of the bubbly delights in the Carbonarium.
You Will Need:
- 1 oz. Feisty Spirits Blue Corn Bourbon
- 1 oz. Oude Genever • 1.5 oz. dry vermouth
- .50 oz. pure spring water
- .25 oz. Luxardo Maraschino liqueur
- 2 dashes orange bitters
- 3 blue corn tortilla chips
How to Make It:
- Pour all ingredients except blue corn chips into glass and stir.
- While stirring, place one blue corn chip into your open mouth and chew vigorously.
- When drink is thoroughly chilled, pour contents into your Soda Sensei bottle.
- CARBONA—hold on, your dog is staring at the blue corn chip in your mouth.
- …the exquisite, heavenly blue corn chip…
- Give the Best Dog in the World one of your two remaining blue corn chips.
- Okay, now where were we? Oh, yeah—
- Pour the bubbly delight into a well-chilled coupe glass.
- Garnish with last blue corn chip to confuse dog and enjoy.
Test your Presidential Prowess
Other Libations in